BikeFest, the place where urban heroes train
BikeFest, an event organized by Green Revolution in partnership with Raiffeisen Bank and with the support of the Chamber of Deputies and of the Committee for the Environment and Ecological Balance, has reached its sixth edition.
Over 5,000 passionate cyclists gathered in Izvor Park in Bucharest between 3 and 4 September 2016 and enjoyed a festival for urban cyclists: BikeFest. During the two days, those present could test their courage, resistance and speed in the coolest races, had fun, relaxed, won many prizes and spent quality time with their friends and family.
For the first time, during BikeFest 2016, Green Revolution, with the support of NoMad, organised two Urban Races: one for mountain bikers – Urban Race MTB – and one for road bikers – Urban Race Road. Over 700 cyclists participated in the two races. The route was completely new, with the start and finish in the courtyard of the Parliament’s Palace, covering the paved alleys in the courtyard of the Parliament’s Palace, with exhausting ups and downs, and the boulevards around it and in Izvor Park. Check out the results of 2016 edition here.
stated Corina Vasile, Director for Communication and Public Relations, Raiffeisen Bank.
stated Raluca Fiser, President of Green Revolution.
BikeFest 2016 meant two days of:
- Two Urban Races – one for mountain bikers – Urban Race MTB – with over 400 participants and one for road bikers – Urban Race Road, with over 200 participants.
- Charity bike ride – We cycle for smiles. Over 200 cyclists joined us and cycled for the children who need our help to be able to easier get to school. In this way, 10 bikes of Green Revolution will put a smile of the faces of these children.
- Over 1,000 people tested their fitness in the Biggest Cycling Marathon in Romania, organised by World Class Romania. 200 bikes, 6 hours and the best cycling instructors offered the participants an energetic atmosphere.
- Two on one bike, the funniest competition for couples, friends or family, with over 30 participating teams
- Speed Race – Over 30 cyclists tested their energy and skills in the speed race.
- X-treme Bike – Scoala de Pedalat, Alex, Mihai and Alex taught those interested about extreme cycling and tested their skills in a race.
- BikeFest Expo brought together the most important bike shops and bike manufacturers, with the best offers for bikes and accessories.
- Vinyl, Rum, Tapas & Wine – gathered 2,000 people
- Kids Race – over 50 children tested their skills as little urban cyclists.
BikeFest is organised for the purpose of consolidating the cycling community and promotion of bikes as alternative means of transportation. For two days, all BikeFest activities in Izvor park were a strong statement and a celebration of the Urban Cyclist, as a new inhabitant of Bucharest.